OUR OTHER BLOG: The Littlest Nunley

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping with the Johnsons!

We received a whole bunch of camping gear for our wedding and have yet to break it in, so when the Johnsons asked us to go camping we jumped at the chance!

I got off work early on Thursday since I already had Friday off and we packed up our gear and set out for Dillon Beach. Beach. We got there around 7pm, set up while we still had some daylight, built a fire and got dinner going.

We only stayed Thursday and Friday night because Saturday we had plans to go to Holli's dad's shop to watch the fireworks. It was the perfect way to start a long weekend.

We even made Jiffy Pop. After a few tries, we finally succeeded.

Everyone had a blast; particularly baby Steven who, even after a tiny sunburn, still behaved marvelously.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Looks like so much fun! Although I enjoyed camping as a child, I think I am more of a hotel person now. But I love a good campfire and cookout!